Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor


I decided to pick up this book in light of the season. Needless to say, I finished the book in one sitting on a roadtrip from Sacramento to L.A. 

I am such a sucker for front covers of pocketbooks and this book was no exception. The only good thing about this novel is the cover - nothing more.

The story was light and sweet, but I believe the book contains nothing of a Lisa Kleypas novel, almost to the point of forcing me to think that maybe Ms. Kleypas may have ghost writers. Where is all the adventure laced with all that heavy passion? Oh the passion! I should have at least satisfied myself reading the 1980's teeny bopper Sweet Dreams Pocket books. Maybe I have overestimated her a bit..

Regretting I should have picked up 'The Perfect Christmas ' by Debbie McComber instead?

But I haven't given up on Lisa Kleypas just yet. I'd probably give 'Because You Were Mine' a try.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 star



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Playpen Design by Insight © 2009