Friday, September 1, 2006

If You Could See Me Now





Let’s see… Let me share with you what was written at the back of the book…   

“ A lively and romantic novel about two lost souls who find each other in the most unexpected way. Everything in Elizabeth Egan’s life has its place. Order and precision keep life under control-and keep Elizabeth’s heart safe from the pain she has suffered in the past. Being a mother to her six-year-old nephew is a full time job for Elizabeth, and one that leaves little room for error-or fun. Until one day, when Ivan comes into their lives. The mysterious Ivan is everything that Elizabeth is not-carefree and always looking for adventure. Yet just when Elizabeth is starting to trust him, it turns out that Ivan isn’t at all who she thought he was…”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, not your typical love story. In fact, I would rather put it on the children’s book section. No wonder Walt Disney bought its movie rights. 

Frankly, I like the writing styles of Cecilia Ahern. She likes to write bittersweet love stories rather than those fancy shmancy “I’m a Spice Girl” heroine with loads of money to shop. Love stories that have a kick of reality that may make you say “ouch!…” 

But the part in the story I liked most of all was when Luke and Elizabeth were chasing and catching dandelions one sunny afternoon on “Jinny Joe day” (Go figure). 

I heard that Hugh Jackman will be starring in this movie… I don’t know if he will be Ivan or Benjamin. Oooohhhh. Again, I hope it will not be a disappointment as Disney kinda has a way of twisting the real story (like what they did with "Remembering The Titans").

Next read… Might be something more intense. Probably “Christ the Lord Out of Egypt” by Anne Rice. (no blasphemies I hope).
-----------------------------------------
3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Playpen Design by Insight © 2009