Monday, May 15, 2006

The Tyrant

Who do you think you are?
you think your smile is as sweet as an angel singing in spring.
you seem to make everyone feel safe, secure and happy when they are around you
as if everyone basks in the glory of your company till they get addicted
you can be very enticing
like a moth to a flame
they do not know doom
for they have not seen the real you
and this is the part you’d like to play.
but I know better
For beneath the mask hides a hideous face.


Who do you think you are?
you push everyone around
just because you have the love of the people you hardly appreciate.
you try to bend someone’s will into your own.
and destroy them if they remain firm.
and crush their hearts whilst longing to love you.
to leave them jaded till you decide to play them around once again.


Who do you think you are?
I used to be happy when I’m with you
But now I only hear Pharaoh music
coupled with the sound of a slash of a whip.
The silence between us is deafening.
Can you not hear it?
Hear the hollow emptiness of your heart?
Can you not see it?
The wall which seemed to loom and stretch out between us?
you are to blame
for I have often tried to reach out to you
but you closed your gates of wisdom
and hear no one but yourself

Who do you think you are?
Hush, you wild untameable beast!
You are punishing no one but yourself
Not everybody is out to hurt you
you need only look at your side.

I was there…waiting…
waiting to be understood
by a Ceasar I called my friend
But a friend I knew no longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Playpen Design by Insight © 2009