Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Circa 80's

I’m so into 80’s movies right now… Yung tipong Back to the Future I, II & III, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty in Pink, Chances Are, and the ultimate 80’s kilig movie Some Kind of Wonderful (which reminded me of our all original Beta, VHS & VCD versions -may DVD kaya nito?) At mind you, pinakahanap-hanap pa ng ate kong si Queen Latifah ang official soundtrack nireh-wala syang nakuha kundi tape! Ayun super gasgas na to the max.

Para na nga akong ulol pag tumutugtog na yung "I Go Crazy (When I’m without you…)" and "Turn to the Sky (I don’t know, I don’t know, looooove won’t pass you by…)" with matching 80’s dance steps ha pero not naman going overboard by wearing Converse pink ankle high rubber shoes na pinag agawan pa namin ni 'Prue' sa balikbayan box na padala ng tita kong asa New York. (Wag ka, ang nauwi sakin L.A. Gear).

Maybe it just reminded me of a time when I was 10 (Yes, I was 10 during this movie, 1987 kaya, haller!) Yun bang tipong wala pa kong problema sa buhay at di pako marunong mangopya sa katabi, laru-laro lang kami ng slide sa steps ng chapel ng St. Paul, hihintayin ang bell na mag ring para makauwi na at pag dating naman sa aming munting tahanan sa Tambo Parañaque e isasalang na ang either "Some Kind" or "Over the Top" naming beta tape. (David Mendenhall of Over the Top was so cute at that time). Go forward naman four years and it was Terminator 2 (Edward Furlong was my ultimate crush back then, pumapangalawa si Eric Fructuoso ng guwapings hahahaha!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Playpen Design by Insight © 2009