Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Awe Inspiring American Landmarks

Influenced by Yahoo Travels, I plan to visit these American landmarks before I retire home to the Philippines :) Godspeed to me and my future hubba. I'm willing to lodge at Motel 6 for all I care! :) Let me post parts of the article for my daydreaming pleasure :D I re-edited this post on a more personal note though.

GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE - SAN FRANCISCO


Once the world's longest suspension bridge, the 1.7-mile Golden Gate has since been surpassed in size-but not in beauty.... bla bla bla... that was yahoo travel.

My notes:

I don't understand why people opt to go to snooty Paris, when this is the ultimate honeymoon destination. Ok, dont mean to brag by being a (future) American BUT, here is the dealio:

1) CHARMED - If you're a 30 something female, how can you NOT know of this tv series? From all the landmarks shown during the opening credits to the Victorian houses, I got REALLY excited when we went there one night. I said to my husband 'don't ruin my first glimpse of San Franciscohhh!'... Though the Halliwell manor facade was really shot in LA, you still can't help but wonder of the many attractions San Francisco has - Cable Car, Golden Gate bridge, the Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, and I even heard their Chinatown looks like the inner streets of Kowloon.

HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME - LOS ANGELES


Ok, if Hollywood has never mesmerized you, I don't know what will. I mean c'mon, its probably not impossible for you to bump into Brangelina and the UN kids when you cruise around this town. Plus have your picture taken with a Disney Star... Ok that might be way overboard. Add to that the Chinese theater, and the Hollywood studios and sign... dropping by L.A. is really worth the buck (if you are a film enthusiast).

MOUNT RUSHMORE - (near SOUTH DAKOTA)


I have heard of this place one too many times, but what got me curious seeing this was well, the movie RITCHIE RITCH.. Juvenile all you want but that was what got me intrigued to hopefully visit Mount Rushmore soon. I would probably ask my hubba to not miss the equally epic Crazy Horse Memorial, the Native Americans way of 'shooing' the white presidents. It's just 15 miles away as per Yahoo! Travel

MARDI GRAS AT NEW ORLEANS (LOUISIANA)

The fact that got me interested in the Mardi Gras is New Orleans. What got me interested in New Orleans?

1) Anne Rice's Book - THE WITCHING HOUR
2) Lisa Kleypas cheesy epic novel - ONLY WITH YOUR LOVE

And hey, the colorful festivals with the flashing of women's boobies? who wouldn't be amused, right? Uhmmm I'd probably cover my husband's eyes with my hands, better yet - a towel.

LAS VEGAS STRIP- NEVADA


MGM Grand, flashing lights... Where else in the world can you find a permanent circus, an indoor sky, a slice of the Roman Empire and a trip to Paris, all in one chaotic tour? :)

GRAND CANYON - ARIZONA


Breathtaking sight from that Jodie Foster Martian film... Nuff said.. I am so excited to re-connect with my Creator and telling Him with a gasp 'Wow, You did really good!' :D

NEW YORK CITY - NEW YORK

Times square - Concrete jungle where dreams are made of... :)


Statue of Liberty - America's Beacon of Hope and Freedom (which was ironically made by the French)


Sex and The City Hotspots, Central Park, Times Square, Twin Towers Memorial, and the Statue of Liberty.... Need I say more?

After seeing all these, then I could die... well, after seeing my (other) 10 wonders of the world though.. Dream world destinations coming right up! 2 of which I have already seen YAY! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Playpen Design by Insight © 2009